The Masonic Home always has opportunities for volunteers to assist us in carrying out our mission to our residents. If you have some free time and would like to donate some hours in service to your community, please consider serving the Masonic Home of Delaware.
· Want to share your time, friendship, and talents?
· Need a community project for your church, youth group, club, Scouts or organization?
· Need to fulfill service hours or field placement for college?
We have many ways for volunteers to share as groups or individually:
· You can visit once a week, a month, or annually - we schedule to suit your needs
· Visit one-on-one with residents
· Play games
· Play cards
· Assist with organized programs
· Pet visits (pets require current health certificate/certificate of rabies shots)
· Spiritual visitations
· Musical/singing talent
o Choir groups
o Dance troupes
· Transporting residents:
o Country rides
o Local drugstore/grocery stores
This opportunity is a great way for school-aged children to acquire service hours for their grade requirements. However, if they are under the age of fourteen, they must be accompanied by a parent while present at our Home.
New volunteers must submit to a Delaware background check and finger printing as a prerequisite to becoming a resource in service to our residents.
We welcome all interests and skills! Contact Sandy Bradford, Activities Director to discuss your availability and specific interest to determine if there is a need that can be addressed here at the Home. She can be reached at 302-994-4434, ext. 235 or at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in serving your community and our Home!